- Permanent, part-time role (0.5 FTE)
- Flexible location
- Negotiable salary package
The ACvA is a collaboration of our highest quality cardiovascular research bodies and scientific societies, individual researchers, industry and non-government organisations working together to deliver transformative change to cardiovascular research and health.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The primary purpose of the role is to work with the ACvA Operational Team, Executive Director and honorary leaders to develop and maintain effective communication and engagement with our membership and stakeholder groups, including across various digital media platforms. Members and stakeholders include, individual researchers, medical research institutes, clinicians, allied health professionals, industry, governments, not for profits and patients and their families.
- Collaboratively develop and implement stakeholder engagement strategies and initiatives:
- Establish effectives interfaces with our partners and member organisations to enhance stakeholder engagement.
- Promote ACvA events and activities.
- Raise the profile of the ACvA across all relevant communications platforms:
- Work closely with the ACvA Operational Team and Executive Director to develop and coordinate digital media presence and activity in accordance with ACvA’s strategic objectives.
- Produce content, update and maintain digital media platforms, including helping to revitalise the ACvA’s website.
- Develop templates, key messages, infographics and presentations to enhance consistency and impact across all ACvA communication.
- Provide general communications support.
- Provide timely advice on news stories appearing in media outlets that may require the organisation to provide a timely response.
- Degree in a relevant field or accumulation of relevant experience in Media and Communications
- Proficiency in various digital media platforms including WordPress, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Ability to think strategically and bring creative content that will engage key audiences.
- Sound IT skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Adobe software (desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders and develop strategies and mechanisms to support engagement
- Ability to work with technical experts including industry and research professionals
- A commitment to the goals of the ACvA and its values
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any enquiries on the position, please contact Kerry Doyle (email@example.com).