The Mentor award seeks to target individuals who during their careers demonstrate extraordinary leadership and practical help and guidance to:
- Support career development and progression in cardiovascular-related fields
- Advocate for the mentees in the cardiovascular sector
- Increase the participation, confidence and through this enhance the career sustainability of underrepresented groups in cardiovascular research.
Such commitment and extraordinary effort may be demonstrated by:
- the number and diversity of individuals mentored
- assisting mentees e.g. to present and publish their work, to find grants or other means to support their work, and to provide career guidance
- providing psychological support, encouragement, and essential strategies for life in academia and beyond
- continued interest in the individual’s professional advancement.
Eligibility criteria and Conditions
- The nominee must have demonstrated leadership in mentoring as defined above.
- The nominee does not have to be an ACvA member.
How to nominate
- Self-nominations are not accepted
- The nomination should include a brief description of how the nominee has demonstrated their leadership.
- Testimonials from two mentees.
- Testimonials from two peers.
- Completing the attached template is all that is required for the nomination.
- The key criteria will be demonstrating that the nominee has demonstrated extraordinary leadership and practical help and guidance.
- The nominations will be provided to a review panel who select the award based on the above criteria.
Nominations close 31 August 2021.